Q No 1 Write short paragraph on the given topic: “A Family Gathering”
Q No 2. Read the given passage and answer the questions that follow:
Our master was a good, kind man. He gave us good food, good lodging, and kind words; and he spoke as kindly to us as he did to his little children. We were all fond of him, and my mother loved him very much. When she saw him at the gate, she would neigh with joy and tort up to him. He would pat and stroke her, and give me a piece of bread, which was very good, and sometimes he brought a carrot for my mother. All the horses would come to him, but I think we were his favorites. My mother always took him to the town on market day in a light carriage. Old Daniel, the man who looked after the horses, was just as gentle as our master, so we were well off.
Write in your own words.
- what ways was the horses’ master kind to them What special treatment did the master give to his favorite horses?
- Who used to take the master to town?
- Why were the horses well off?
- Give an appropriate title to the passage.
Q No 3 Translate into Urdu.
We live on this beautiful earth. Before us our great grandfathers lived here. After us other people will live on it. So, it is our duty to take good care of our planet earth. We can do this in two ways.
Q No 4. Translate into English.
Q No 5. Fill in the blanks with correct preposition.
- This book belongs ______ her.
- Haseeb remained _______home.
- He is not afraid ______ death.
- Nasir fell__________the river.
- The weather _____ the top was very cold.
Q No 6 Select the correct answer from the ones given:
- The coat was thin _________ warm. (A) but (B) and (C) then
- Why have you __________the tree. (A) cutting (B) cutted (C) cut
- I have’t __________ink in my pen. (A) much (B) many (C) any
- This is third time we ________ this film. (A) have seen (B) used to see (C) saw.
- Write and tell me ________ yourself. (A) from (B) about (C) of.
Q No 7
(A) Write the Synonyms (Words having the same meanings):
(i) Delicious (ii) Enjoy (iii ) Frightened
(B) Use the following Pair of Words in sentences to make their meanings clear.
(i) Dew, Due (ii) Blow, Below (iii) Merry, Marry (iv) Bare, Bear (v) Stare, Steer
Q No 8 Write the plural of the following:
(i) mouse (ii) sheep (iii) Army (iv) woman (v) syllabus
Q No 9 Write the opposite of the following:
(i) sharp (ii) sweet (iii) Bright
Q No 10 Make your own sentences ( to show their meaning using the following words)
(i) howl (ii) coward (iii) inhuman (iv) retain (v) martyr (vi) invention
Q No 11 Do as directed:
- He watches. (change into passive)
- He swept the floor (change into negative interrogative)
- His cat has three kittens. (change into negative)
- Although it was early but she felt tired. (correct the mistake)
- Eating busy share of is his ice cream he. (re-rearrange so that the meaning is clear).
- Has he not gone to railway station? (change into positive assertive sentence)